Matching Clothes with your Footwear
August 15, 2017
How do you match your clothes with the right footwear?
1. All those colors – Mix and match different colors to find which look would suit you best.
2. Being a material girl – Knowing which materials fit with the clothes will ultimately ensure that you have a look that will stand out.
3. Seasons come and go – Find a look that would match the current season!
4. Formal and casual – Pick the right shoes for the occasion so that you wouldn’t look out of place.
Fashion has evolved through the years, and one of the things that have remained constant is finding the right shoes that would match the outfit and the season. Other than choosing between a nice dress or a blouse, you also have to decide if flip flop slippers or high heels would match your look. With a variety of footwear to choose from, this might become a challenge. To help you with this fashion dilemma, here is a guide on the right kind of shoes to wear to match with your clothes.
All those colors
One of the things that you should keep in mind when it comes to matching clothes and shoes are the colors. While matching your shoes with the exact same color of your outfit may sound ideal, it is not always the best case. Instead, you can choose to do these instead:
- Pick shoes that are a shade darker than your clothes to prevent them from clashing.
- Pick colors that will compliment your clothes and complete your look.
- When in doubt, going for neutral colors are the safest route to take.
- If you are wearing clothes that are printed, pick one color that you would like to match it with.
- You can also pick contrasting colors that would make your look stand out, just as long as those colors won’t clash with each other.
Choosing the right colors would turn your look from average to fabulous in a short notice, so choose your colors wisely!
Being a material girl
As with your clothes, you must also be aware of the material your shoes are made from, because some clothes and shoes would make for perfect matches just as long as you have the right material. For example, leather clothes work with leather boots, and plain shoes would work well with velvet and satin clothes. Getting this formula right would give you some fashionable looks that would make you stand out.
Seasons come and go
As different seasons pass during the year, it is important that you would be able to have outfits that match. For example, you can go for bright colors and light fabrics during the summer, while going for thick fabrics and darker colors during the rainy and cloudy seasons. Being consistent with the seasons during the year would help prevent you from looking out of place among the large crowd.
Formal and casual
Knowing how to dress for the occasion is a skill that you would develop as the years pass by. There are many formal and casual occasions that you will be doing, and you will have to dress the part for them. With this in mind, you have to know which shoes would be the right choices. For formal events, high heels are usually the go-to choice of footwear for women. Meanwhile, you can choose between sandals, sneakers, flats, and flip flops during casual events.
Matching the right shoes with the right clothes may be a challenge at first, but once you know how to mix and match different colors and materials, you can definitely styles that would make you stand out.